If you think you have come in contact with a victim of human trafficking, please call: National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1.888.373.7888
Free Them News and Links
Latest news and findings about human trafficking in our community.
- 12/30/2011 USATODAY.com Obama declares human trafficking prevention month
- 11/16/2011 krqe.com FBI takes over human-trafficking case: Man accused of forcing woman into prostitution
- 11/9/2011 KOAT.com Ambulance Driver Fired After Sex Sting Arrest
- 11/4/2011 KOAT.com Police Make Arrest After Online Sex Sting
- How Fair Is Today's Chocolate?
- 10/3/2011 KOAT.com Police: Man Tried To Sell Teen Into Sex Slavery
- 8/3/2011 KOB.com Suspected pimp turns himself in to police - A man suspected of pimping out a 17 year old girl turned himself in to Albuquerque police, says he looks forward to standing trial.
- 8/2/2011 Examiner.com Warren Jeffs: Child sex slavery documented on taped instructions to teen girls - Child brides are common in many Middle Eastern and Asian countries. Public opinion is more inclined to see these arrangements as sex slavery, since by definition of the Trafficking Victims Protection Act, minors under 18 are not able to give consent to sexual relations.
- 8/2/2011 KOB.com Alleged human trafficker on the run Police say an alleged human trafficker is on the run following his indictment last week by a Bernalillo County grand jury.
- 7/28/2011 Corruption Chronicles | Judicial Watch Blog CBP Rescues Illegal Aliens Forced Into Modern Day Slavery Proclaiming that human trafficking is the "modern day manifestation of slavery," the Homeland Security agency responsible for keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the U.S. has embarked on a new mission to rescue illegal immigrants smuggled into the country by traffickers.
- 7/27/2011 KTSM News Channel 9 Local Activist Says Recent Human Trafficking Raid Not Surprising Just days after a human trafficking raid in Juarez led to the arrest of three people, a local activist says trafficking as a huge problem in our society.
- 7/26/2011 landlinemag.com Truckers urged to report human trafficking. Since Truckers Against Trafficking formed in 2009, more than 125 truck drivers in 30 states have called the national hotline number – 888-373-7888 – resulting in the rescue of more than 100 human trafficking victims here in the United States.
- 7/26/2011 KRGV.com Customs Trying to Educate People About Human Trafficking Human trafficking is a growing problem in the Rio Grande Valley. They're promised the land of opportunity. They're bound by the chains of slavery. A call for help is coming from the U.S. government. Customs and Border Protection made a video telling people to watch out for human trafficking.
- 7/26/2011 Albuquerque Journal Human Trafficking Raids in Juarez Round Up 1,000 Men and Women Mexican officials are investigating allegations of sexual exploitation and human trafficking after weekend raids targeting businesses in downtown Juarez resulted in the roundup of 1,030 men and women, the El Paso Times reported.
- Local police and the FBI have arrested five human traffickers in New Mexico, and there are still more victims to be freed. Join us in the fight against human trafficking in New Mexico by signing this letter and mailing it to Governor Martinez.
The mailing address is:
Office of the Governor
490 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Mexican police arrest more than 1,000 in human trafficking raids via cnn.com
- Tip leads to human trafficking arrest via www.krqe.com